New Patient Registration
Either call in or telephone and tell the receptionist that you wish to register with the Practice.
You will be required to provide photo ID* and proof of your home address** (see lists below).
If you have moved to the UK or are visiting with a Visa you will need to provide a valid passport (six months in date) with the correct visa, original Home Office papers (no photocopies please), any valid immigration paperwork or an identification card with a recent photograph.
Once registered you will be offered an appointment with one of the Practice Nursing Team for a new patient examination and health check.
It is practice policy that all new patients must live within the Practice area and provide identification (ID) and proof of address.
*Acceptable Proof of Name
You must show one of these at your identity check as proof of your name:
- Current signed passport
- Residence permit issued by Home Office to EU Nationals on sight of own country passport
- Current UK photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
- Birth Certificate
- HM Forces Identity Card
- Police photgraphic ID card
- University or college photo Smartcard
- NHS Smartcard (NHS staff only)*
**Acceptable Proof of Address
- Recent (within 3 months of the current date) original utility bill e.g. 'Electricity bill', 'Gas bill', 'Water bill', 'Telephone bill' etc or certificate from a utility company confirming the arrangement to pay for services at a fixed address on prepayment terms. We will accept dual utility bills. We cannot accept utility bills printed from the internet or any mobile phone bills
- Local authority tax bill (valid for current year)
- Current UK photo card driving license (if not used as proof of name)
- Bank, building society or credit union statement (within 3 months of the current date) containing current address
- Bank, building society or credit union passbook containing current address
- Recent (within 3 months of the current date) original mortgage statement
- Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement
- Current book or card or original notification letter from the Department for Work & Pensions confirming your right to benefits or state pension
- Court order (within 12 months of the current date)
- UCAS letter (within 12 months of the current date)
- Parent's documentation from "Proof of address" list (for 16 and 17 year olds only). This must be provided with a birth certificate or adoption certificate bearing the parent's name which can also be used as proof of name.
Our Practice area covers Shipley, Bolton Woods, Wrose, Frizinghall, and parts of Baildon, Cottingley, Manningham and Heaton.
We accept homeless people in temporary accommodation in our Practice area.