Welcome to Shipley Medical Practice
Our team aims to work together to provide all our patients with the best possible medical care, combining a friendly personal service with high clinical standards. Our Practice shares Shipley Health Centre with other services including Health Visitors, District Nurses, Podiatry and School Health.
We work on the ground floor of the Health Centre and there is wheelchair access (including toilets).
Our Practice area covers Shipley, Bolton Woods, Wrose, Frizinghall, and parts of Baildon, Cottingley, Manningham and Heaton. We accept homeless people in temporary accommodation in our Practice area.
Sexual Health Clinic
There will be a sexual health drop in clinic on Tuesday 30th December.
- Between 16:30 and 18:45 for patients registered with the Practice.
- You can see one of the female doctors or sexual health nurses for contraception, sexual health screening, smear tests and other related problems.
- We do fit coils and contraceptive implants and are happy to discuss these during this clinic, but we may arrange for you to attend a booked appointment at a suitable later date for the fitting.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is a single question survey which asks patients whether they would recommend the NHS service they have received to friends and family who need similar treatment or care.
GP Practices can use the feedback gathered through FFT to celebrate successes and to support staff to make improvements where the experience of services does not live up to expectations.
Take the Friends and Family Survey
Seasonal Flu Vaccinations 2014
Flu Vaccinations are now available
Please make an appointment for a Flu Vaccination if you:
- Are over 65
- Are Pregnant
- Have children aged 2,3, or 4 (on 1st September 2014)
- Have a serious medical condition
Patient Participation Group
Shipley and Westcliffe Medical Practices now have a joint Patient Involvement Group.
If you would like find out more about the practices and have your say on future services come along to the next meeting:
Thursday, 8th January 2015 5.00pm, at Shipley.
There is no need to confirm attendance, just drop in.
Please find the results of the recent patient participation survey:
Shipley Medical Practice Survey Results 2014
Registered patients can now manage appointments and repeat prescriptions online.
Click on the links below and follow the instructions.
Before you can start using these services you will need to visit the Practice and provide photograph identification before we can issue you with your Username and Password.
For a Guide to Using SystmOnline please follow the information button below. Thank You.
- Prescription requests are for repeat prescriptions only. Acute prescription requests made online using the free text box will not be accepted. - Please take a minute to review the appointment you have booked online. Is it a Telephone Appointment Slot? If so, the doctor will call you back within the same working day.
Emergency & Out of hours
If you need to contact a doctor urgently when the Practice is closed, please call NHS 111. Your needs will be assessed and advice offered or arrangements made for you to see a doctor.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
(Site updated 28/01/2015)